Dreamhost made me delete data :(
I had to delete most data from before 2015 as Dreamhost was running into space constraints. Over the holiday I will move to storing everything in S3 and this will never happen again. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Henry's HTTP Post Dumping Server
Here you will find a server which receives any POST you wish to give it and stores the contents for you to review.
Test your posts here
In developing client code for web services I've often found it necessary to explore post blobs coming from my app.
Often times the server isn't available and this isn't an easy thing to do.
Thus, I've put together a simple service which will dump the contents of an* HTTP POST to a file which can be viewed at leisure.
View your posts here
To view posts, browse to the year, month, day, and time of your upload (and directory name if you used the dir option):
http://posttestserver.com/data/ Obviously, this means all posts are visible to everybody so don't test a mobile banking app with your actual account info here.
How to use it
Just point your client to this service:
and fire away.
By default it will return a 200 (see below for info on how to change this) with a URL pointing to the contents and a few lines describing the post.
- Regular http posts
- Https via: https://posttestserver.com/post.php
- multipart/form-data file uploads (Example)
Options are passed along with the post in the URL as GET parameters.
- New! Use sleep to cause the server to sleep for the specified seconds before returning (max of 30).
- Use status_code to cause the server to return a user defined status code
- Use the "dir" parameter to specify a subdirecty for your posts. This makes it easier to find them. E.G: ?dir=henry
- Append ?dump to the url to return the full dump of the post in the response
- Additionally add &html to view the returned dump formatted for a browser
- So the all-options-on url is: http://posttestserver.com/post.php?dump&html&dir=henry&status_code=202&sleep=2
Need something? Did I do something wrong? Let me know what's on your mind:
* Thanks for the grammar lessons Sastopher, and Richard.